Visitors and guests are not only welcome but encouraged to join us at one of our regular meetings. The club holds its meetings at the Houston Civic Garden Center in Hermann Park. We meet six times a year on the fourth Thursday of the month (see dates see below).
Members start arriving around 7:00 PM and the first half hour is for socializing. This is a good time for guests to get to know the members and have some of their questions answered. At 7:30 the meeting begins with a light meal (provided by the club) followed by a short business meeting. At the conclusion of the business meeting we have a programs on various topics. Most meetings wrap up with a plant raffle.
You can also join the club at our meetings. Annual membership rates are $10.00/year for a single membership, $15.00/year for a dual membership (two persons in the same household), and $5.00 for a youth membership (under 18 years of age).
2012-2013 Meeting Schedule
- 09/27/12 - The Butterfly and plants that attract them to your garden
- 10/25/12 - John Gardner - "Creating good garden soils and encouraging earth worms"
- 01/24/13 - Mike Shoup, Antique Rose Emporium - Untimate Garden Plant
- 02/28/13 - Gaye Hammond - Earth Kind and Hardier Daylilies
- 03/28/13 - Sam Taylor - Bonsai Workshop - make a Bonsai
- 04/25/13 - Beth Taylor - Grow and cook with herbs.
Plant show prep & design
More info can be found on the calendar of events page.
Meetings are held at the following location unless otherwise specified:
Houston Civic Garden Center
1500 Hermann Drive
Houston, Texas 77004
Google for directions